Heavy motor vehicles exceeding 3500kg in weight
In South Africa, it is required to obtain a learner’s license and then a driver’s license before driving a motor vehicle alone. The learner’s license is obtained by passing a multiple choice questionnaire test, and the driver’s license by passing a practical driving test. These tests can be very difficult and almost impossible to pass without proper training.
At Top One Driving School, we strive to equip you with everything you need to obtain your heavy motor vehicle learner’s license. We will assist you every step of the way in becoming a proud legal learners license holder of your heavy motor vehicle.
This section outlines the steps when applying for your heavy motor vehicle learner’s license. For any further queries, go to the contact page. Obtaining your learner’s license is the first step in becoming a fully licensed driver.
The heavy motor vehicle learner’s license is earned on completion of a multi choice questionnaire. This questionnaire is divided into sub sections like road signs, vehicle controls, etc. To pass the learner’s license questionnaire, all sections must be passed individually.
Your learner’s license test is completed at any traffic department. Confirming your test date booking includes completing the application form (LL1), submitting 4 ID photos, passing an eye test and paying an application fee.
We help you prepare for your learner license test by providing you with training in order for you to understand the road rules and signs. With just some repetition, you will be well on your way to passing your learner’s license. In addition to the training, we will assist you in securing your test date booking. We provide transport to and from the testing centre for the confirmation of your booking and for your test date.
Learner’s license package
Our heavy vehicle learner’s license package includes:
- Study material
- Transport to and from traffic department for the confirmation of your test date
- Transport to and from traffic department for your test
- Assistance in any queries concerned
These simple steps will assure your success:
- You need to be at least 17 years old to apply for your heavy motor vehicle learner’s license.
- You need to have a valid South African ID or passport. Foreigners need to have a traffic registration number.
- All payments to us must be done before scheduling a booking. Please refer to the payments section on the contact page for information about payments.
- Proof of payments must be sent to us via Fax or E-mail. Please refer to our contact page for fax and e-mail details.
- After proof of payment is received, we will contact you to arrange a date for the confirmation of your learner’s license booking.
- We will arrange your transport to and from the traffic department to confirm your learner’s license test booking. At the traffic department, you will follow the procedure to make your learner’s license booking.
- We will send you a copy of the study material via email. You can also arrange a coaching session should you need assistance.
- We will provide transport to and from the traffic department where you will complete the test on the booked date.
For any further information, don’t hesitate to contact us.