Heavy motor vehicles exceeding 3500kg in weight
In South Africa, it is required to have a learner’s and driver’s license before driving a motor vehicle alone. The learner’s license is obtained by passing a written test, and the driver’s license by passing a practical driving test.
These tests can be very difficult and almost impossible to pass without proper training. This section outlines the steps when applying for your heavy motor vehicle driver’s license.
For any further queries, go to the contact page. Obtaining your driver’s license is the final step in become fully licensed to drive a motor vehicle. The heavy motor vehicle driver’s license is earned on completion of a practical driving test.
This practical diving test is divided into a parking section and a road driving section. To pass the driver’s license test, all sections must be passed individually. Your driver’s license test is completed at any traffic department. Confirming your test date booking includes completing the application form, submitting 4 ID photos, presenting learner’s license, ID or passport and a copy of each and paying an application fee.
Our light vehicle learner’s license package includes:
- Study material
- Transport to and from traffic department for the confirmation of your test date
- Transport to and from traffic department for your test
- Assistance in any queries concerned
These simple steps will assure your success:
- You need to be at least 17 years old to apply for your heavy motor vehicle learner’s license.
- You need to have a valid South African ID or passport. Foreigners need to have a traffic registration number.
- All payments to us must be done before scheduling a booking. Please refer to the payments section on the contact page for information about payments.
- Proof of payments must be sent to us via Fax or E-mail. Please refer to our contact page for fax and e-mail details. • After proof of payment is received, we will contact you to arrange a date for the confirmation of your learner’s license booking.
- We will arrange your transport to and from the traffic department to confirm your learner’s license test booking. At the traffic department, you will follow the procedure to make your learner’s license booking.
- We will send you a copy of the study material via email. You can also arrange a coaching session should you need assistance.
- We will provide transport to and from the traffic department where you will complete the test on the booked date.
For any further information, don’t hesitate to contact us.